Socially distant, in-person, outdoor lessons and classes now available!
· Done from privacy of your own home or space – no need to add to your commute or be stuck in traffic.
· Done via Zoom on computer or tablet. You will need to download the Zoom app and create a log in.
· If you are a new student, you will be asked to sign a waiver when you register.
· Once you register for a class, you will be emailed the Zoom meeting link.
· At the scheduled time, click on the emailed class link. Once you are logged in, Zoom will bring you to our class.
· My computer is set up so you can see me on your screen. You can hear me as I talk you through your yoga practice. You can talk and ask me questions as well. I mute everyone’s microphone except mine during class so background noises are not distracting. However, it is very easy to unmute if you have a question.
· You do have the option of turning off your camera during the practice. I will not be able to see you, but you can still be a part of class and participate.
All you really need is a space to practice and a yoga mat. Blocks, straps and blankets are useful to build strength and to modify poses for optimal body alignment. No worries if you do not have yoga props - you likely have alternatives in your house.
· Yoga Mat – This is the only exception! You can do yoga on the floor or carpet, but it is much more slippery.
· Yoga blocks - 2 books of the same size work well for blocks.
· Yoga Strap - a necktie or a belt can function as a yoga strap.
· Blankets – a pillow or a towel are a great substitute for yoga blankets.
· CLOTHING IS MANDATORY!
· Clothing should be comfortable and stretchy to allow for movement in and out of poses.
· Yoga is typically done barefoot which allows for greater.
stability and ability to feel the ground underneath your feet.
-For SUP Yoga, wear clothing that you can move and stretch in, and get wet. If you wear a swimsuit, please be sure your swimsuit will allow for yoga.
People do private lessons for many reasons, both physical and emotional needs. Some of the reasons are:
· You are a brand new student and feel intimidated to go to a public class.
· You are an athlete and want to complement your training by increasing your flexibility and strength.
· You are a regular practitioner who wants to work on a particular pose or have a question about your specific practice.
· You are recovering from an injury or illness and want personalized attention to ensure you are safely practicing.
· Class times not convenient with your schedule and you need a time that works for you.
· You are looking for that encouragement and motivation to support your needs, goals and challenges.
· You are overwhelmed with stress, anxiety and/or insomnia and you are worried about having an emotional breakdown in class.
· You aren’t comfort sharing personal history in a class and you have concerns about movement in your body.
· You want an alignment evaluation. I have you flow through poses watching to see where you can make some adjustments protecting your ligaments and joints. When muscles are properly activated we stretch into the meat of the muscles. When muscles are not activated, we stretch ligaments which do not rebound if stretched too far. I can help you activate your muscles, providing the safest stretch for your body.